Kids AT Work!
TDLP’s new programme for businesses wanting to support parents
The Arts Café @ Hogarth part of the WPP Group, August 2019
The infamous TDLP café that serves art instead of food transformed the world’s leading Creative Production company Hogarth’s communal workspace for their first-ever Kids AT Work day.
As employees arrived for the workday, kids in hand, they entered the colourful arts café for a day of family activities, inspired by the business’ key work: advertising and marketing.
For under 8s a full schedule of activities and games based around colour, design and building and for the older children the chance to take part in marketing and design workshops led by co-workers were held across the building.
From craft to storytime, from building the highest tower to a game of Tea Bingo, TDLP artists created a playful and inviting environment for all parents and children to play and explore together.
Understanding and responding to the needs of employee’s health and wellbeing is at the heart of Hogarth’s Wellbeing strategy. Parents represent 40% of a typical large London business. Having an employer that not only understands the pressures and stress of working and parenting at the same time but also responds with organising activities that celebrate family life can only reduce stress and increase happiness.
Parents & Families:
• Kids get first-hand experience of what their parents do at work which means families can chat more about their day with greater understanding
• Kids get to take part in educational and social activities inspired by the environment and content of the business, which are carefully designed and delivered by TDLP artists.
• Employers have a better understanding of their employee’s home life and can open up discourse around how to support further
• Parents connect with other parents which they wouldn’t normally meet on a day to day basis
• Employees without children get to volunteer their time to run workshops or support TDLP activities
Kids AT Work is TDLP’s new programme for businesses, creating family-friendly work environments and social events on-site and locally. We work with you to design a programme that takes the heart of your business and turns it into family-friendly activities for the day.
So whether you want to celebrate Kids AT Work like Hogarth or create a family-friendly seasonal offer such as a Christmas Party or launch of a new product, TDLP can help you bring it to life.
Contact Sally: email@example.com or 07817176018 to discuss your requirements.